Problem with refresh

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with refresh
From: Hernan Dario Villegas <hvillega@MAIL.BIC.COM.CO>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:01:05 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all:

I have installed TME10  NetView 5.1  in a Risc/6000 H50 with 512 Mb RAM  2
microprocessors, 16 Gb DD, always the machine works with 85-95 %   time of
microprocessor free.
The   ovtopodump  reports:

NUMBER OF NETWORKS: 877
NUMBER OF SEGMENTS: 901
NUMBER OF NODES: 7390
NUMBER OF INTERFACES: 8397
NUMBER OF GATEWAYS: 400

And the ovobjprint |head -1  reports:
Number of objects defined in the database: 18079

I have seen that when I start  NetView  the demand poll waits approximately
2 hours to start to function and the collections (p.e.  a collection of
routers down)  do not actualizate the real state of the nodes during this
time.
May somebody tell me if this is normal? if not, what can I do to optimice
this startup time?.

Thanks,

Hernan D. Villegas.
Telecommunications Analyst.