Re: Changing WEB port problem.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing WEB port problem.
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 12:31:51 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I believe this was reported around Christmas as a problem - the manual
says you can move from port 80 but it doesn't actually work!  I append
the earlier discussion.
Regards, Jane

This is also a known problem, APAR  IX83228. You will want to call and
add yourself to the interested parties list. This happens with both V5
and
V5.1 on AIX 4.3.1.  The /etc/passwd file is getting locked, so certain
user administration commands fail, and rlogins can take a very long
time.
The workaround is of course to do an nvwebstop when you need to do
admin things.

My configuration: AIX 4.3.1, FW 3.6, NV 5.1.  I changed the port number
of
the nvweb server to 8080 because the machine has a Domino Web server
running. The NV home page came up, but I was unable to get any submaps
open.
I understand there is an open PMR on this.  The reason for this post is
another problem that occurred.  With the NV Web server running, the
system
admins are not able do any user administration.  When creating or
deleting
users or changing passwords, an error comes up saying unable to update
database.  Login validation takes over one minute to occur. After a
nvwebstop all user functions have no problems.  I am going to open a PMR

with Tivoli on this, but in the mean time, any ideas?

Charles C. Boyce
Business e-mail - c.boyce@ais-nms.com

--
Tivoli Certified Consultant