NV v5.1 Installation? -Reply

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV v5.1 Installation? -Reply
From: Drew Wall <drwall@TEKSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:54:57 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Don,
Thanks for the information.  All though I was successful with creating a
symbolic link and having NetView reside on the alternate partition.
However, my O/S is Solaris 2.5.1.  I used the same command (ln -s
/opt/OV /usr/OV) so it my be a Solaris issue, but I do not know for
certain.  I recorded the partition usage before and after and the /opt
partition took the 'hit'.  Since it worked for me I have not done any
further troubleshooting with this issue.  Let me know if you dive into
this matter anymore.
Drew Wall
TEKsystems
mailto:drwall@teksystems.com