Re: Netview 'challenges'

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 'challenges'
From: Paul Anderson <po_anderson@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 10:42:15 PST
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
James,

Thanks for the suggestion...in actual fact I am on 4.1.2.0. sorry about
my lack of precision in my original posting. I'll get hold of the latest
PTFs asap. I thought I was doing something wrong, I didn't really think
my problems were bugs!

However I forgot to state that my lockd problem is actually on a Netview
5.1 platform...any more ideas?

cheers Paul

>Date:         Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:13:28 -0500
>Sender:       Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
NetView
>              <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>
>From:         James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
>Subject:      Re: Netview 'challenges'
>To:           NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
>
>Good heavens.  If you have these kinds of problems with 4.1.1 why don't
you
>just get the PTFs to fix them?
>
>Do an lslpp -ha nv6000.base.obj.    What is the highest PTF number you
see?
>If you don't have even U443133 from 1996 which makes your system into
>4.1.2, then  you need to call Support and get some help in bringing
your
>system up to date.  You will need to apply that and then something much
>more current, U459387 is the most current level.  But
>even U451880 from Dec 1997 is better than where you are.
>

>James Shanks
>Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support
>

>Paul Anderson <paul.anderson@AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO.UK> on 01/24/99
10:04:50 AM

>Please respond to Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
>      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>
>
>To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
>cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
>Subject:  Netview 'challenges'
>

>Greetings one and all...
>
>I have a few problems nay 'challenges' which I'd like to share with
you...

>a) Whenever I launch Netview it seems to take an inordinately long time
>before the events are displayed in the event viewer. In fact there have
>been times when I have given up waiting and restarted a new window
using
>the command
>        nvevents &
>the new window fires up immediately and displays all outstanding
events!?!
>Any thoughts?
>
>b) On a second monitoring platform we are unable to fire up Netview.
The