Discovery & Configuration Polls Content

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Discovery & Configuration Polls Content
From: Simon Long <simon@NETTRACK.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 16:13:19 +1100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I have been trying to iptrace discovery and configuration polls but am
finding it very slow going.   The reason is that I want to be able to
make a clear distinction as to the values being polled, and differences
that
exist between Versions 4 and 5 of Netview.   I have reason to believe
that
some changes have been made ( eg. in suppot of DHCP ).  Has anyone
reviewed this?  I would really appreciate any insights you may have on
this topic.

Thanks,

Simon Long
Nettrack Technical Solutions Pty Ltd