Re: multiple workstation access for netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: multiple workstation access for netview
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:05:14 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well,  I'm pretty sure there is supposed to be a mwm (motif window manager)
running for every
user logged in with X started, so I don't think that is your problem. You
might check to see the
number of users that are allowed to be logged in to AIX. That might be a
2-user license. Check
in smit  (where the system stuff is) and try increasing the number of
users. Can you log in the (I
assume) 3 users from X emulators?  Is there some difference between the
configuration of the
two netstations? And maybe tell us exactly what you do on the netstation
and what message
you get that leads you to suspect the mwm is the problem.

If more data doesn't  flush out an answer, then you should ask AIX Support
to help you out.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

I asked this a while back, but I thought I would touch on it
again.

Does anyone out there have NetView running on multiple netstations?

I am having a problem getting the second netstation to display
the maps.

To run NetView on the first netstation, we login, then start Motif
Window Manager (mwm), then we can type nv6000 and we're off.

I cannot do this on the the other netstation since mwm is already
running on the server.  However, if you look at the second netstation
you can tell that it does not have any type window manager properties.

How can I get the second netstation to "inherit" these properties
so I can run nv6000?

Thanks again,

Daniel