Re: Is it possible to configure the node/segment marginal t

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Is it possible to configure the node/segment marginal thresholds ?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:05:05 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
No, sorry, but this is not configurable.  Marginal is a status like
up/normal or down/critical.   Whatever is marginal has some, but not all of
its  managed sub-elements in a down/critical state.   So when a device
which has two, or more interfaces, loses one, the interface goes down and
the the device goes marginal.   netmon reports every change of status for a
node, segment, or network.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU> on 01/28/99 04:53:01 PM