Re: Is it possible to configure the node/segment marginal t

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Is it possible to configure the node/segment marginal thresholds ?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:30:30 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Well, yes, you can control those events, but you must do it for the whole
map - Networks, Segments,
and Nodes. See the section on Understanding Compound Status in the Admin
Guide. It affects
not only those events, but the color of the map. Changing from the default
results in a very different
monitoring philosophy. I lean towards wanting to know about every single
outage, and if I'm getting
news I don't need, eliminate those nodes from the map. I haven't found a
use for the events about
networks and segments, so I ignore them.

Hi,
     I am getting quite a number of node/segment etc marginal messages and
was wondering how I could change the threshold where this message gets
triggered.

Anyone got any ideas on this one ?

Mark :-)