Re: Trap to Alert Filter Control

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap to Alert Filter Control
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:15:25 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've never seen nor heard of this before.    You haven't given very much
information about what else happens or doesn't happen.  Does the Filter
Editor dialog open and run?  Is there a default filter for tralertd shown
as active?

 If you don't have a host connection (Service Point, SNA services, and
tralertd)  running and active on your box when you try to open "Trap to
Alert Filter Control" then you should get a pop-up window says that
tralertd is not running.  Do you get that?  If you do have a host
connection, do you have a default filter shown?

Since there is no such thing as Version 4.2 (it is 4.1.2),  do an lslpp -ha
nv6000.base.obj     What is the latest PTF you have applied?   Since all
levels of V4 are out of support, you should be at the most current level
you can be.
 U459387 is current (12/11/98).

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support