Re: nvevents problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvevents problem
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:52:48 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
It may be that your problem is one of expectations.
How soon after starting the daemons are you opening the events window?

You will only get in the window events in nvcorrd's cache, which is empty
when it starts.  The display window is NOT filled with old events from the
ovevents.log.  It worked that way with Version 3 and earlier, but this
behavior was changed in V4 with the introduction of rulesets.
nvcorrd only processes new events so that old actions are not repeated.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bruce Jordan <jordan@BERBEE.COM> on 01/31/99 12:02:12 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>