Changing Polling Interval after Down Event...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing Polling Interval after Down Event...
From: Sean Goldsworthy <seang@CA.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:49:07 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello All.

I have a couple of questions which someone may be able to answer...

1.  In Netview, we have a popup window which gets generated after certain
events. Is there a method of making this window flash in addition to just
popping up? An operator is somewhat color blind and I think this may be of
use.

2. Is there a way of dynamically changing the polling of a device (or
collection which that device belongs to) once a Interface/Node Down event
has been created? Bascially, we would like to increase the polling time on
the down device to make sure we know when it comes back up. Right now, we
do it with Demand Polls.

Any help/info appreciated.

Regards,

Sean.