Re: nvevents problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvevents problem
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:03:04 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Events History (or nvela  from the command line) is the way to see what it
is in ovents.log.  It should not be filling up any faster than trapd.log,
so I would be looking there for what is happening.    There are no
"automatic" filters you can set for Events History, but there may be some
in your Events window.  Look at Options --> Show Status to find out.

One other thing that could cause you problems on your display is a "bad"
ruleset in ESE.automation.   If you have anything in there, you need to
check and make sure the initial node is set to "block" and not "pass",
which is the default.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bruce Jordan <jordan@BERBEE.COM> on 01/31/99 11:17:16 PM