help: Installing Netview 5.1 from scratch

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: help: Installing Netview 5.1 from scratch
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 11:48:56 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hey all,

I am installing Netview 5.1 for AIX from scratch. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips or hints as to the process. From what I've read, I install Framework 3.6, and then proceed with the Netview installation. My current ponderings are whether there is much to the Framework installation. I am bascially only going to need it so I can then install Netview (ie. not going to have a bunch of TMR's or anything overly complex) I read some older documentation from a tivoli webpage, and it basically said to "select ALL the check boxes and choose set."

Thanks in advance

Matt