Re: Selction Name ans Hostname are different

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Selction Name ans Hostname are different
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:40:18 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Typically, this means that there is already an object with that same
selection name (minus the numeric append) in the database, and since
selection names must be unique, a permutation of the object id is added to
the end to make it unique.  Do a complete ovobjprint and redirect to file
and I'll bet you will find the other object with that selection name.  If
it says removed, then someone tried to delete it from the map and
re-discover it, but ipmap could not delete the object because it has fields
set by some other application (CiscoWorks?).  I recommend  you call Support
if you want to fix this.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Carsten Strahler <Carsten.Strahler@NBG.NET> on 02/02/99 04:02:34 AM