Show green 4 red - part 2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Show green 4 red - part 2
From: Dirk Goeldner <DIRK.GOELDNER@LHSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:55:32 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi there,

with reference to the recently run discussion on the above topic I have some
additional questions concerning ISDN-backup-interfaces. My intension is
primaly not to start any action like a popup or sending an email after a
certain trap is received, but i want to change the text-message in
NV-console and the color of the concerned object within the NV-map.
I tried so within a test-scenario. I have one managed rmon-probe which i
plug in and out of our network to simulate a node up and down situation. I
added two event-configurations based on the rmon-node-up and -down entries
that are already there. I named the entry for node-up "test_down" with the
settings to push the objects-map-color to RED and vice versa for the
node-down case. The new event-configurations are "limited" to the mentioned
single device (the original trap-setting for all devices are still
present!!), but the color of the object still reacts as if I didn't change
anything. The up case still switches the device to GREEN and vice versa.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards

Dirk Goeldner                                   Lufthansa Systems
Bachelor of Applied Computer Sience             Desktop and Network Services
Avitrium, Room 2.07                             FRA AK/E-EN
Tel: +49-69-696-90280                           Im Taubengrund 6
Fax: +49-69-696-96790                           65451 Kelsterbach, Germany