Re: Show green 4 red - part 2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Show green 4 red - part 2
From: Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:13:37 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Dirk Goeldner wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> with reference to the recently run discussion on the above topic I have some
> additional questions concerning ISDN-backup-interfaces. My intension is
> primaly not to start any action like a popup or sending an email after a
> certain trap is received, but i want to change the text-message in
> NV-console and the color of the concerned object within the NV-map.
> I tried so within a test-scenario. I have one managed rmon-probe which i
> plug in and out of our network to simulate a node up and down situation. I
> added two event-configurations based on the rmon-node-up and -down entries
> that are already there. I named the entry for node-up "test_down" with the
> settings to push the objects-map-color to RED and vice versa for the
> node-down case. The new event-configurations are "limited" to the mentioned
> single device (the original trap-setting for all devices are still
> present!!), but the color of the object still reacts as if I didn't change
> anything. The up case still switches the device to GREEN and vice versa.
> Any help would be very appreciated.
>
> Best regards
>
> Dirk Goeldner                                   Lufthansa Systems
> Bachelor of Applied Computer Sience             Desktop and Network Services
> Avitrium, Room 2.07                             FRA AK/E-EN
> Tel: +49-69-696-90280                           Im Taubengrund 6
> Fax: +49-69-696-96790                           65451 Kelsterbach, Germany

I have not kept the earlier discussion on this so I do not know if you have
already done this. Sorry if I am wasting your time.

Have yo changed the status source for your symbol. If it is still Compound
(Propagated) it will ignore any changes you make to the object status or symbol
status. As a reminder you can change the status source for the symbol using
Edit:Modify/Describe:Symbol.

Jon Needes
EDS, Hook, UK