Re: 3COM MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: 3COM MIB
From: Mearl Danner <jmdanner@SAMFORD.EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 09:01:39 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In my experience, nothing from 3Com is free. If you have
Transcend integrated with Netview, the proper MIBs will be
installed when you upgrade to a version that supports the
hardware you listed. I know the 3000 is supported in 4.2.1,
but he newer stuff needs Version 4.2.2. Unfortunately,
there aren't any versions of Transcend (yet) that are
supported with Netview 5.x, which is why we're still
limping along with what we have instead of upgrading our
4.1.2 Netview (AIX).

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:41:45 -0600 Drew Van Order
<dvanorder@DTTUS.COM> wrote:

>      Hi All,
>
>      Can anyone point me to the mibs for the following 3COM switches? I
>      just came from their web site, and was only able to bring down one for
>      the 3500 layer 3 device.
>
>      Super Stack II 1000,1100,3000,3300,3900,9300 series
>

>      If NetView supplies something usable, that's great...I just assumed go
>      to 3COM's site for something newer.
>

>      Thanks,
>

>      DVO

Mearl Danner