Re: Export HP OpenView topology and map customization to NetView?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Export HP OpenView topology and map customization to NetView?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:33:02 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I seriously doubt this will work.  It has never been tested and is not
supported by either vendor.  If you try it, you may very well be the first,
and in any case, you are on your own.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Debbie Sparg <dsparg@fgh.co.za> on 02/09/99 02:20:45 AM

Please respond to "dsparg@fgh.co.za" <dsparg@fgh.co.za>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)

Hello everyone,

My customer would like to know if it is possible to export the topology
database from HP OpenView 5.0.1 and import this into NetView's topology and
object databases. In addition, can they save maps they have have customized
in HP OpenView and export them to NetView. HP OpenView is running on Sun
Solaris 5.5.1. NetView version will be 4.1.5 running on AIX 4.2.1
Any answers/comments/suggestions will be very welcome.

Thanks
Debbie Sparg
Faritec Services
Mobile: 27 11 82 5704559