Re: Forcing a config poll

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Forcing a config poll
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:11:12 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've noticed this too. Before V5, when you had no choice but to stop/start
netmon, it
was a big hit while netmon started up, but that forced the full discovery
config poll for
nodes listed explicitly in the seedfile.
It seems as it netmon -y does not do that sort of config poll, even for new
discoveries.
I have been resorting to adjusting the config poll period down from 1 day
to a few hours
when I am doing lots of discovery. Then if I get impatient, I just
stop/start netmon.
The best way to use neton -y, I think, is when I need to make a change to
ranges or
exclusions, but not necessarily to force discovery of a list of nodes.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 02-10-99

"Giuliotti, J. P." <JGiuliotti@MFS.COM> on 02-10-99 06:16:32 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>