Migrating from v4.1 to 5.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Migrating from v4.1 to 5.0
From: Vince Rosso <Vince_Rosso@TRANSALTA.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:11:21 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vince Rosso@TRANSALTA
11/02/99 09:11 AM

We are currently running v4.1e on Digital Unix and  have had v5.0 sitting
in a box for quite some time.   I realize that v5.1 will be out soon, but
we would like to try installing v5.0 first, but on a different Digital Unix
machine so as not to interrupt the current netview install.   My question
... I would like to copy the current install or whatever files are needed
to the new server and then install v5.0.   What files or directories from
v4.1are critical to copy over to the new server before the new install
proceeds?   Thanks in advance for help or suggestions.