data collections stop

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: data collections stop
From: Mario Beck <mariobeck@GMX.DE>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:44:45 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi,

I collect snmp values of many objects/object collections, for example
ifInOctets and ifOutOctets.

I use the mibExpr.conf to make different statistics:
if%InOctets = ifInOctets/ifSpeed * 100
if%OutOctets = ...

Also I created synonymous OIDs (in mibExpr.conf), to collect it under
different labels:
ifInOctetsRouter = ifInOctets   (for router interfaces) or
ifInOctetsATM = ifInOctets   (for ATM interfaces of our bridges)

So I can get different binary files under /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect,
start and stop statistics independent from other ones.

My problem:
When I start the snmpCollect deamon the data collection runs faultless.
But after some minutes several of my collections stop. I stop the deamon and
restart it - the same problem, but other collections.

The snmpCol.trace is o.k.
The filesystem is o.k.
The snmpCollect deamon runs.

Our environment: