Changing host name and IP address - Tivoli Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing host name and IP address - Tivoli Framework
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@EASTMAN.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 08:42:56 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I put my new NetView 5.1 server in production yesterday by giving the host
name and IP address of my old server. I entered some odadmin commands and
thought I had the name/address change for Tivoli Framework fixed - my region
icon has the new name, the managed node icon has the new name, and the
NetView server icon has the new name. HOWEVER, when I right click on the
NetView server icon and attempt to execute one of the options I get error
"An istance named "oldname" of resource ManagedNode was not found". Anyone
know how to correct this problem? Thanks.

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Email - bowens@eastman.com
Phone - (423)229-3579