Re: Changing host name and IP address - Tivoli Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing host name and IP address - Tivoli Framework
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:20:11 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, Blaine;
You must also update the NetViewRemoteAccess object. It does not suffice to
change merely the MN
label. To do this, use the following procedure (after you have backed up the
Tivoli database):

Check the label of the current object by wlookup -r NetViewRemoteAccess -a

If it is not valid any longer, do

OID=$(wlookup -r NetViewRemoteAccess <label_to_change>)
idlcall $OID _set_label <new_label>

Have the new lable equal to the corresponding NV server label.
This should work.

Best regards,
Vladimir

--