Deleting /rediscovering Netview objects (not appearing on maps)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Deleting /rediscovering Netview objects (not appearing on maps)
From: Rob Wilkinson <Rob.Wilkinson@MBS.GOV.ON.CA>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:13:35 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I dumped all the interfaces on a cisco router and then I compared it to what
Netview (V4) thought was on the router.

I expected to see all interfaces in my Netview map but actually I was missing
quite a few of them.. I dumped everything out of Netview with the ovobjprint
command and found the following:

OBJECT: 1102204

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
        10              Selection Name
"hto05c75:Serial12/1:41102541"
        17                                              "142.107.188.129"
        18              IP Subnet Mask                  "255.255.255.128"
        19              IP Status                       Normal(2)
        66              isInterface                     TRUE
        74              isIP                            TRUE
        101             SNMP ifType                     Point to Point
Serial(22)
        103             SNMP ifDescr                    "Serial12/1:4"
        141             XXMAP Protocol List             "IP"
        142             XXMAP SAPs Used List            0
        170             TopM Network ID                 851031
        171             TopM Segment ID                 851184
        172             TopM Node ID                    850828

I noticed that there is no:

 14              OVW Maps Exists                 1
 15              OVW Maps Managed                1

like there is for the object below..Does anyone know how to change (or delete
and rediscover) object #1102204 and make it appear like object #1102203..???

OBJECT: 1102203

        FIELD ID        FIELD NAME                      FIELD VALUE
        10              Selection Name
"hto05c75:Serial12/1:191102203"
        14              OVW Maps Exists                 1
        15              OVW Maps Managed                1
        17                                              "142.107.186.129"
        18              IP Subnet Mask                  "255.255.255.128"
        19              IP Status                       Normal(2)
        65              isCard                          TRUE
        66              isInterface                     TRUE
        70              isSerialInterface               TRUE
        74              isIP                            TRUE
        101             SNMP ifType                     Point to Point
Serial(22)
        103             SNMP ifDescr                    "Serial12/1:19"
        141             XXMAP Protocol List             "IP"
        142             XXMAP SAPs Used List            0
        170             TopM Network ID                 850838
        171             TopM Segment ID                 850850
        172             TopM Node ID                    850828
        1167            default IP Symbol List          502455