Re: Ref. : Re: Going from AIX to Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ref. : Re: Going from AIX to Solaris
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 07:29:11 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Thierry.

Princeton moved from Openview to Netview for the higher level
functionallity of Tivoli.  The other reason being we would be the
premier Tivoli site for higher education at a price we could not
refuse.  Netview does have some nice added features.   It also appears
Cabletron may be in the process of developing SPMAs for Netview on
Solaris since we put the preasure on them.  I am working directly with
Cabletron on this issue.  I have also heard Transcend is working on a
product.  It appears the main issue is the libs for Netview not being
cmmpiled for Solaris.

Jeff Fitzwater