Unknown objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Unknown objects
From: Cogghe Alain <Alain.Cogghe@ELECTRABEL.BE>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:48:31 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
hello all,
we have recently upgraded to netview 5.1 , without any problems .
Now I have found that netview is discovering objects and is giving names
likes "unknown.domainname" , also connection get names with "unknown" in
the selection - name .
Is this a new feature with netview 5.1, can anything be done about this
?
I thought that if netview discovered an object , which was not in the
dns , he would simply leave the ip-adress as selection-name .

                   vriendelijke groeten / bien cordialement

                            Alain Cogghe
                 ELECTRABEL INFORMATICA
                 Werkhuizenkaai 16  , gebouw D
                 1000 Brussel
                 tel :  02/2743859      fax  : 02/2034818
  email :    alain.cogghe@electrabel.be