Unknown objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Unknown objects
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:08:54 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Is this on AIX? I have never seen this happen, and I've done 40  of these.
I wonder
if it is possible that your  dns is returning that value in such a way that
AIX thinks it is
the result and not an indication of an unresolved name? Or if it is NT, are
you using
that option that allows Netview to run without name resolution at all, for
emergencies?
Wierd...

hello all,
we have recently upgraded to netview 5.1 , without any problems .
Now I have found that netview is discovering objects and is giving names
likes "unknown.domainname" , also connection get names with "unknown" in
the selection - name .
Is this a new feature with netview 5.1, can anything be done about this
?
I thought that if netview discovered an object , which was not in the
dns , he would simply leave the ip-adress as selection-name .

                   vriendelijke groeten / bien cordialement

                            Alain Cogghe
                 ELECTRABEL INFORMATICA
                 Werkhuizenkaai 16  , gebouw D
                 1000 Brussel
                 tel :  02/2743859      fax  : 02/2034818
  email :    alain.cogghe@electrabel.be