Re: Unknown objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Unknown objects
From: Cogghe Alain <Alain.Cogghe@ELECTRABEL.BE>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:53:42 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Yes , this is on AIX 4.1.5 with netview 5.1
 The name unknown does not come from my dns , is is really netview
itself which creates this .
The thing is that netview only accepts one object with this name , if he
finds another object without a name in the dns , he tries to give the
unknown.'domainname' again , but gets an error : "already exists " which
is logical .
If this object is just a workstation , you probably won't notice it .
Unfortunately , on our netview it was one of our type 7500 Cisco-routers
.
Could you please check with 'locate' facility for objects containing
"unknown" in the selection-name ?