Symbol status changes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Symbol status changes
From: Wouter de_Bruin <W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 12:51:43 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, all

Certain objects on my Netview 4.2 map have a symbol status sources of
Compound(Propagated).
This means that whenever an event occurs which changes the status of an
object ion the submap, the change is propagated to the parent object.
This all goes fine. Problem is that when I select the parent object, and
drill down into it to look at which sub-object caused the status change,
and then go back up again, the status source for the parent object gets
changed to symbol!
I then have to change it by hand back to Compound(Propagated)

Does anyone have an idea of what the reason for this strange behaviour
could be??

Wouter de Bruin
Network Consultant
De Nederlandse Bank
Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen
Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith but
shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation on the part of the Bank