Replacement for IBM Xstation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Replacement for IBM Xstation
From: Bonnie Jundt <bonnie_jundt@MAIL.UND.NODAK.EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 09:39:36 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We need a replacement for the current IBM Xstation 150 with a 6091 19i monitor.
We need to implement multiple network stations within our Network Center to
continually display different Netview maps.  Running Exceed on PCs, used for
many other purposes, isn't the solution we are looking for.  We want it to be a
display that is up at all times for the purpose of continual monitoring.  Our
RS6000 platform is the J40; we are in the process of upgrading from Netview V4R1
to Netview 5.1 at this time. The network stations would be connected on 100MB
ethernet.

Hardware (network station, monitor, mouse)  and software configurations would be
helpful.

Thank you.