Re: reset_ci

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: reset_ci
From: James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:39:30 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
reset_ci is a script and you can trace what it does if you like.

I think you are getting a failure trying to talk to the oserv.  That code
was put into NetView V5 (or 5.1 -- don't remember which) by some
well-meaning soul who thought he should try to fix your oserv problems too.
But it only works I am told if you installed in the standard way -- your
box is the TMR server and there is a root admin with permissions to do
anything -- the sort of thing you'd get if you installed Framework just to
run NetView.  Anything fancier than that will probably fail.  Anyway, I
believe there was an APAR and a fix in 5.1.1 about this.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger@ERSTEBANK.AT> on 03/05/99
11:03:00 AM