Re: reset_ci

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: reset_ci
From: "Ek C." <ek@RALEIGH.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1970 19:48:32 +0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ralph,
  You remind me to check the file reset_ci. Fortunately, it is a shell
script. It seems that the error you got
come from the line "idlcall ..." at the end of the file.
  This idlcall is used to set the mannode attribute of the NetViewServer
object which should be the same
as the name of the NetViewServer. If this field is incorrectly set, you
may not be able to use your desktop
to manage the netviewserver because it will look for the NetViewServer
object at the wrong managed node.
   You may need to run idlattr command to reset the mannode attribute to
the right value if you found it
incorrectly set by reset_ci.

Hope this could help...Ek