Re: AW: Transcend on Netview 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: Transcend on Netview 5.1
From: Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:27:17 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Richard,

That's a relief!  My customer has Transcend 4.1 but is considering upgrading
to version 4.2 (for Y2K compliancy).  Do you have to do what Steve (Thornhill)
did - trick Transcend into thinking it's running on a earlier version of
Netview (4.1)?

Quoting Steve :
"     On the Transcend side of things. I am running version 4.2.1 and
     Netview 5.1 without any problems (so far). The install for Transcend
     lets you change the TEM_OV_VER to a lower number to allow it to
     provide 'compatability'. "

Thank you...

cheers,
Jeanie