[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Gregory Adams <gadams@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:11:01 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,
         We are installing NV5.1 on an AIX 4.3.2 system along with
Framework 3.6. Last week we had a problem with some requisite failures
related to the En_US environment. We got past that and the install dialog
ended OK.  We have verified that the installation went ok by reviewing the
/tmp/update.log. There dont appear to be any problems in that log, however
the NetView icon never got created. In my copy of the release notes on page
31 it mentions a scenario that seems like
this. It says to enter the following commands:

wln @NetViewServer:<server_label> \
         @PolicyRegion:<policy_region_label>

wrefresh @PolicyRegion:<policy_region_label>

I was not able to get past the first command (wln) without getting syntax
errors can anyone give some advice on what I am
doing wrong ? I suspect that server_label and policy_region_label need
specific values plugged into them ???

regards,
          Greg Adams