[no subject]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 07:16:32 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi, Gregory;

Gregory Adams wrote:

> Hi all,
>          We are installing NV5.1 on an AIX 4.3.2 system along with
> Framework 3.6. Last week we had a problem with some requisite failures
> related to the En_US environment. We got past that and the install
> dialog
> ended OK.  We have verified that the installation went ok by reviewing
> the
> /tmp/update.log. There dont appear to be any problems in that log,
> however
> the NetView icon never got created. In my copy of the release notes on
> page
> 31 it mentions a scenario that seems like
> this. It says to enter the following commands:
>
> wln @NetViewServer:<server_label> \
>          @PolicyRegion:<policy_region_label>
>
> wrefresh @PolicyRegion:<policy_region_label>
>
> I was not able to get past the first command (wln) without getting
> syntax
> errors can anyone give some advice on what I am
> doing wrong ? I suspect that server_label and policy_region_label need
> specific values plugged into them ???

Yes. First, I would check the NetView server label by running
wlookup -r NetViewServer -a
It returns for instance this:
beowulf 1234567890.1.898#NetView::Server#

Then you must know the name of the policy region in which you created NetView
Server, say it was
suttonhoo.

You will create the link through the command you know about (mind possible
spaces in the labels):
wln @NetViewServer:"beowulf" @PolicyRegion:"suttonhoo"
or
wln @NetViewServer:"beowulf" /Regions/"suttonhoo"

To see the change in the desktop, run
wrefresh @PolicyRegion:suttonhoo
or select Refresh in the View menu of that region.8-)

Hope this helps,
Best regards,
Vladimir.