Re: symbol customization lost in collections

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: symbol customization lost in collections
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 11:12:23 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Ralph;
I have seen this happen as well. As I understand it, ipmap does not talk to
collmap  in this way (at
least by default), i.e. it does not pass a symbol label to collmap but the
symbol label in a
collection is based somehow upon the object's selection name. When I wanted to
do the same as you
did, I had to modify symbols in the collection itself....huh 8-((
Anyone can shed light on this?

Best regards,
Vladimir.