IX88166???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: IX88166???
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:11:27 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've heard it through the grapevine that IX88166 has just been released, and that all NetView customers may be impacted.  This fix supposedly corrects NetView's status propogation.  Also, there are only two ways to fix the system up after applying the code fixes, either restart your database from scratch, or manually hit each and every device and change the status propogation from Compound, to symbol, then back to compound again.

Needless to say this does not please me at all.  I have a very large database with a very large number of objects, and I have noticed no problems in this arena.  I don't want to jump unless I am 100 percent sure that there is a problem.

Can someone from Tivoli confirn or deny this problem and give us more details about how to confirm its impact on our systems?

Thanks;

Art DeBuigny