Re: NetView and Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView and Framework
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:00:10 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello, Peter;

Peter Hadamovsky wrote:

> Hello James,
>
> Ok let's try to clear some things up:
>
> There is a managed node, which is at the moment member of a TMR region
> (lets say A), now there is an other TMR region (B). This managed node is
> a NetView Server - and as said a full member of TMR A.
>
> Now I would like to know - is it possible to make this node a full
> qualified member of TMR B (by "unsubscribing" from TMR A - no longer
> needee there) - so that the NetView/Tivoli integration is still working?

As far as I know you cannot simply migrate a managed node from one TMR to
another. Each object on
your MN is strongly bound to the current TMR ID that you can see in each OID.
This ID (10-digit
number) is unique for every TMR. Also, each MN in a region, i.e. each Object
Dispatcher, has a
unique identification (the second number in any OID). So the new TMR server
would have no knowledge
of those objects nor of the managed node.

You can run wrmnode in the current TMR to remove it and then create it from the
desktop in the new
TMR. But I am afraid you will not be able to simply reuse your applications on
that node in the new
TMR, for the database must be created from ground up in the new TMR context and
will be utterly
different.

So it seems you will have to install MN and NV again from the new TMR server.
Then you can follow
James' advice.

HTH,
Best regards,