Re: modifying object database values

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: modifying object database values
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:15:33 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There are a couple of things you can do:

  1. Make it a capability field, and you should be able to
     Edit->Modify/Describe->Object from the Netview GUI and update it from
     there.
  2. Use a C program (I have one I could send you) or use the nvsnifferd
     program.  You'll have to make your own config file - be sure to read the
     man pages on it.  It involves finding a TCP port that you can connect to
     on the server.  (Telnet, for example).  You can run it for just a single
     node using a private config file.  It will even make a collection for
     you.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management