Re: WINdow NT and Novell MIB needed.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: WINdow NT and Novell MIB needed.
From: Mark van Kerkwyk <kerkwyk@COMTECH.COM.AU>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:51:25 +1000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
If you are looking for information on NT and Netware, then there aren't
many options for you.

Netware and NT do not provide much information out of the box.

I would suggest the following options.

1. Netware - use the Novell Managewise Agents, they provide all of the info
you need for Netware.

2. NT- You need to use a 3rd party snmp agent to get anything too
meaningful from NT, Microsoft no longer supports the perfmon snmp
integartion they used to ship and it wasn't much good anyway, very unstable
under high load.
I would suggest to either use the Novell Managewise Agent for NT or the
Empire Technologies agents (www.empiretech.com) for NT, they are both good.
Empire agent has more functionality like event log monitoring, software
inventory capabilities etc.

Mark :-)

Euihyun Jung <ehjung@MOON.DAEWOO.CO.KR> on 13/03/99 11:44:17

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>