Re: Time for ovstop with Nways

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Time for ovstop with Nways
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:53:24 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
There's a SMIT->Communications->Nways->Control option to stop a daemon
controlled by cmld that helps a little, but I've found the hangups are
really ahmdbserver and nvot_server, both of which are controlled by
ovspmd, not cmld.  Kill these two, and things come down a lot quicker.
Don't know why they're slow to stop.  Hope this helps.