Re: Simple doubt about ATM networks and Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Simple doubt about ATM networks and Netview
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:00:44 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The IBM ATM devices are ALL completely ATM Forum compliant.  There is
nothing proprietary in them for ATM (except for 8274, 8275, and 8277,
which are actually OEM'd Xylan boxes).  The box-management mibs (for
ports, etc.) are specific to the boxes, although IBM stated direction is
to DEN for standard configs.  Functions such as bridging, routing, and
that sort of thing are all RFC standard via SNMP.  You can get the ATM
forum MIBS from www.atmforum.com.  I think Fore is also complaint, as
are Cisco and others.

ATM Forum mibs are shipped with Nways.

Jim Kellock.