Nways - constant Synchronize

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways - constant Synchronize
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:27:29 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Still on AIX 4.3.2, F.w 3.6, NetView 5.1, Nways 1.2.2.....
Sometimes we see the NetView map hang on Synchronizing (not always).
ovstop nvsecd takes forever to run so, using Jim's hint, we kill
ahmtopod and nvot_server.  In the Synchronizing fault condition, this
leads to constant screens-full of
  Warning: Select failed: error code 9
Prior to doing the kill, neither of these processes (or any others) were
taking significant CPU - afterwards cmld and iubd are grabbing lots of
CPU - it looks like the nways processes get half started and hang around
the startup of ahmtopod.

Any other comments or experiences to share?
Cheers, Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Consultant
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565