Re: Help me out to discover a new printer!!!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Help me out to discover a new printer!!!!
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:08:23 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Do an smpwalk of the printer  and see what it reports as the netmask.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sharma, Sanjeev" <Sanjeev.Sharma@USA.XEROX.COM> on 03/17/99 01:21:27 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)

KG
no right now the netmask is on the printer is 255.255.252.0 not 0.0.0.0.
I don't know from where it(NetView) taking this value as 0.0.0.0.
Thanks a lot
sanjeev