NV 5 install problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV 5 install problem
From: Jim Federline <jim.federline@MARYVILLE.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:02:53 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Greetings,

I'm trying to get NV/6000 5.0 installed (yes, I know 5.1 would be better),
but "Create.../NetView Server" is giving me fits. The target for the server
install is an AIX 4.2.1 box, which is also the TMR server.

I'm seasoned in the TME 10 Framework arena, installing Framework and the
NetView Framework patch went fine. I then pull down "NetView Server" from
the "Create" menu in the target PolicyRegion, point it at the 5.0 media, and
let 'er rip.

Everything works fine up to the point of "Distributing architecture specific
NetView Features Configuration for <hostname>..."

At this stage, I get a ckprereq error for nv6000.features.obj:

 Requisite Failures
  ------------------
  REQUIRED FILESETS:  The fileset under test cannot be installed without
  the following filesets.  (These filesets are not currently installed.)
    nv6000.base.obj v=5, r=0, m=0 OR m>0      # Base Level Fileset

Seems like the filesets not being registered. This is the only error I get
(minus irrelevant text). I have met all the other fileset prereqs outlined
in the rel notes (including changing the locale).

My AIX-specific and NetView knowledge is at a fledgling state, but my UNIX
and traditional TME 10 knowledge is strong.

Any suggestions for getting past this annoyance?

Thanks,

-Jim