disappearing interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: disappearing interfaces
From: "Redding, Jennifer" <jredding@ISO-NE.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:43:50 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hey there -

I was proudly boasting the auto discovery features of NetView when to my
surprise two of our interfaces disappeared!  Despite the fact that they
were still  on the network, NetView did not show them.  Does anyone
understand how these things happen?

BTW, we are running version 5.1  - do I need a patch?

Just for reading this email, I will include a little humor...

> ::::Sometimes newspaper editors state the obvious::::::::::::
>
> If strike isn't settled quickly it may last a while
> Smokers are productive, but death cuts efficiency
> Blind woman gets new kidney from dad she hasn't seen in years
> Man is fatally slain
> Something went wrong in jet crash, experts say

Jennifer Redding
Andersen Consulting
phone:  413-535-4135
voice mail:  1-800-624-5780 X2384