Re: running snmptrap command from server other than NV server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: running snmptrap command from server other than NV server
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:10:45 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
What you are doing is not officially supported.  But other folks have
gotten this to work.
Try adding /usr/OV/lib to your LIBPATH:   export
LIBPATH=/usr/OV/lib:/$LIBPATH and see if that helps.

However, once you get passed that "can't load" message you will find that
you get security errors, since their will not be an nvsecd running on the
non-NetView box.     You would have to copy over the unsecured versions of
the snmp commands in
/usr/OV/security/cmds.

Good luck

James Shanks