Re: Optivity and NetView 5.1(.1?)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Optivity and NetView 5.1(.1?)
From: David Easter <deaster@NORTELNETWORKS.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:41:08 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Art,

  It is not supported on NMS 8.1.x.  It will be supported in NMS 9.0.1.
NMS 9.0.1 (which is the HPUX and AIX port for NMS 9.0) is scheduled to be
available in Q3 '99.

  That's the official line, as you requested.

  Unofficially, we have done testing with NMS 8.1.1 with NetView 5.1 and it
seems to work just fine.  If/When TSC makes that testing count as official
support, I'm sure the field will be notified.  TSC will take calls on an
installation with NV 5.1 and do their best job to resolve the customer
reported problems if they do not directly relate to NetView (which most do
not).

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager - Optivity NMS, Network & IP Services Management Division
Bay Networks/Nortel Networks - How the world shares ideas.

-=-REgarding-=-