Optivity and NetView 5.1(.1?)

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Optivity and NetView 5.1(.1?)
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:16:27 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I know its been said here before, but I want to ask it one more time to
make sure I am clear.

What is the official line from Nortel about Optivity compatibility with
TME 10 NetView for AIX V5.1?  Will it ever be supported?  I know 5.0
is....but still.

If not, then will 9.0 support NetView 5.1?  5.1.1?  When can that be
expected to be released for AIX?

I have a need to order three licenses, but I won't do it if it won't
work with at least version 5.1 (has to be supported...just works isn't
good enough for this implementation)

Anyone from Nortel/Bay care to comment?

Thanks

Art DeBuigny
Bank of America / NationsBank Network Operations
debuigny@dallas.net