Re: Configuring more colors for Tivoli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Configuring more colors for Tivoli
From: Dave Emigh <emigh@ARGUS.USASK.CA>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:38:18 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Actually this is problem on other different platforms too, not just
RS/6000.  I have seen the same behaviour on Sun and Digital/Compaq unix
boxes too.

If your other applications support it, you can start them with private
colour maps.  In your example of running netscape, you can start it with
the -install option, so it will not eat colours away from other apps
using the default colour map.

Unfortunately, I have not seen this as an option with netview, which would
be nice on stations which are not entirely dedicated to it.

        Dave Emigh                              E-mail:  Dave.Emigh@usask.ca
        Network Analyst                         Phone: (306) 966-4816
        Computing Services                      Fax: (306) 966-4938
        Physics Room 56
        University of Saskatchewan
        116 Science Place
        Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada S7N 5E2